Thursday, January 8, 2009

oops... I've done it again.

no... I'm not chanelling Britney... this is just my way of announcing that I'm the first person to sign up for the 2009 Simpson Desert Bike Challenge.

I said at the end of last years event that I wanted to head back. And I figured... why not commit early.

This year I have a far better idea of what I'm in for. And I know how much training will be required to improve on last years effort.

To keep me motivated I've signed up to ride the BMC 100k classic in April and the Dirt Works 100k classic in early May. I may also try some solo 8hour events durring the year as well. (we'll see)

2 comments:

Steve said...

Hey Elivis,

Nice set of posts relating to the Simpson Desert Bike Challenge - have done it twice myself when it used to be called the Simpson Desert Cycle Classic, so I know how you felt.

Good on you for going back. I am training to go back in 2010 - don't think I can get the level of fitness I need to come back this year and claim the 4% the desert still owes me (for the "takedown" stage 3, day 2).

Anyway just want you to know I am following your posts and awaiting more information.

Keep editing!

Steve

Elvis said...

appreciate the comments Steve. Always nice to hear from another sand eater.

I've got a thread running on the Farkin.net forum too: http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=157505

Elvis