Friday, August 29, 2008

my bike is back!!

My new bike, a Ibis Mojo SL, has been "absent" for the last few weeks. Off being reviewed by Mountain Biking Australia magazine for the next issue.

Now that I finally have it back... it's been in the workshop downstairs being prepped for the Simpson Desert trip.

The (heavily) customised build is as follows:
Frame - Ibis Mojo SL (naked carbon)
Rear shock - DT Swiss XR Carbon
Fork - Manitou Minute MRD
Brakes - Hayes Stroker carbon (w/6" rotors)
Stem - Syncros FLS
Bars - Salsa Pro Moto 11degree flat bars (cut down a smidge')
Seatpost - Syncros AM
Saddle - SDG Grand Prix
Wheels: I have two pairs each pair set up for different conditions. Both hand built by Wheelcraft.
Sandy days wheels:. DT Swiss hubs, Stan's Arch rims, Supercomp spokes w/ProLock nipples. and Syncros Point n Chute 2.5" tyres (for sand floatation).
Fireroad days: DT Swiss 240s hubs, DT Swiss 4.2d rims, Aerolite spokes w/ProLock nipples and Ritchey Speedmax Beta 2.2".
Both wheelsets are running Stan's No Tubes sealant.
Pedals - Crank Brothers Acid2
Drivetrain - Sram XO w/twist shifters.

Guess I'd better take it out for a ride this weekend...

Elvis.

2 comments:

GNAT said...

Nice little ride you got there! Very diplomatic build there. ;) I only see one Salsa part on there. We'll need to work on that.

Give us an update on your training. How's it going? Someday, I've got to come down and do this event.

Elvis said...

hey... I TRIED to get some Salsa bar ends...